This is a pioneering new walk that will take you from the starkness of a Karoo landscape to the gentle forests, waterfalls and streams of Hogsback. This year’s Spring Camino is fully booked out, so make sure that you put your name forward for next years camino!!
The first part of the walk takes place in the Karoo (4 nights, 100km) starting and ending in Nieu Bethesda (2 nights), walking around the Compassberg through various game farms.
You will then be transferred to Hogsback (3 nights) where you will walk the forests and waterfalls hikes on unknown pathways. You will also visit astoundingly beautiful spring gardens. It will be a gentle wind-down after the strenuous 100km Karoo Camino, which is why this Camino is called: The Compassberg kisses the Hogsback! You will hear testimonies by women of courage and a historical tour by a man like no other…
You will then be taken back to Nieu-Bethesda for your last night or you can choose to depart from Hogsback.
- Dates: 28th September to 7th October 2019 (Booked out)
- Duration: 10 nights (7 nights in Nieu-Bethesda and farm stays around the Compassberg and 3 nights in Hogsback)
- Cost R10 500 (all inclusive)
In total this blended Camino includes:
- 10 nights
- Breakfasts and dinners
- Waterstops during your daily 20km walks.
- Game drives
- Historical Talks
- Transfers of luggage during the Karoo Camino walks
- Transfer to and back from Hogsback.